IPANA’s purpose is to be the leading membership organization for manufacturers of new industrial packaging in North America. To this end, IPANA:
- Effectively represents the industrial packaging industry before U.S. and international regulatory bodies;
- Develops and maintains alliances with other trade associations that represent companies that utilize industrial packaging for the safe transport of their products;
- Promotes the critical role the industrial packaging industry plays in the safe and reliable shipment of essential goods throughout the world;
- Fosters vital technical advances in industrial packaging through research and testing to expand market opportunities;
- Establishes dialogue with allied industries and supply chain partners; and,
- Promotes the use of industrial packaging designed to be safe, reliable, and sustainable throughout its lifecycle while also meeting market requirements for performance and cost. Once used, the packaging is recycled or reconditioned for reuse, reducing its environmental impact and promoting a circular economy.