IPANA’s members and their suppliers will continue their operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Industrial Packaging Alliance of North America (IPANA) is the primary association representing the interests of manufacturers of new industrial packaging and their suppliers in North America. Its goals include raising the visibility of industrial packaging and emphasizing its importance in the safe and reliable transport of goods throughout North America and the world. Its formation is a leap forward for manufacturers and suppliers interested in establishing a formidable resource to advance the industrial packaging industry, promote technological developments that improve product safety and reliability, and assure that domestic and international regulations are reasonable and necessary.
The Industrial Packaging Alliance of North America (IPANA) was formed in 2003 through a partnership of the organizations representing the nation’s industrial packaging manufacturers.
The industrial packaging groups that formed and make up IPANA are:
- International Fiber Drum Institute (IFDI);
- Plastic Drum Institute (PDI);
- Rigid Intermediate Bulk Container Association (RIBCA); and,
- Industrial Steel Drum Institute (ISDI).
Together, these groups represent the core of industrial packaging in North America and the manufacturing companies that belong to these groups comprise a significant proportion of the industrial packaging capacity on the continent.
View the IPANA Organization Chart here.
Our purpose is to be the leading membership organization for manufacturers of new industrial packaging in North America. To do this, we will:
- Effectively represent the industrial packaging industry before domestic and international regulatory bodies;
- Develop and maintain effective, ongoing alliances with organizations comprised of companies that utilize industrial packaging for the safe transport of their products;
- Promote the critical role the industrial packaging industry plays in the safe, efficient, and reliable shipment of a broad range of goods within North America and throughout the world;
- Foster vital technical advances in industrial packaging through research and testing to safely and efficiently expand market opportunities;
- Encourage dialogue with allied industries and supply chain partners; and,
- Promote the use of industrial packaging that is designed to be effective and safe throughout its lifecycle while meeting the market requirements for performance and cost. Once used, the packaging is recycled or reconditioned for reuse, reducing its environmental impact and promoting a circular economy.
Join IPANA today!
Help us to help you promote and advance industrial packaging – a vital logistics resource. If you or your company are interested in joining, please contact Susan Nauman.