The Industrial Packaging Alliance of North America (IPANA) was formed in 2003 through a partnership of the organizations representing the nation’s industrial packaging manufacturers.
The industrial packaging groups that formed and make up IPANA are:
- International Fiber Drum Institute (IFDI);
- Plastic Drum Institute (PDI);
- Rigid Intermediate Bulk Container Association (RIBCA); and,
- Industrial Steel Drum Institute (ISDI).
Together, these groups represent the core of industrial packaging in North America and the manufacturing companies that belong to these groups comprise a significant proportion of the industrial packaging capacity on the continent.
Our purpose is to be the leading membership organization for manufacturers of new industrial packaging in North America. To do this, we will:
- Effectively represent the industrial packaging industry before domestic and international regulatory bodies;
- Develop and maintain effective, ongoing alliances with organizations comprised of companies that utilize industrial packaging for the safe transport of their products;
- Promote the critical role the industrial packaging industry plays in the safe, efficient, and reliable shipment of a broad range of goods within North America and throughout the world;
- Foster vital technical advances in industrial packaging through research and testing to safely and efficiently expand market opportunities;
- Encourage dialogue with allied industries and supply chain partners; and,
- Promote the use of industrial packaging that is designed to be effective and safe throughout its lifecycle while meeting the market requirements for performance and cost. Once used, the packaging is recycled or reconditioned for reuse, reducing its environmental impact and promoting a circular economy.
2020 IPANA Spring Technical Conference
Date and Location TBD